Welcome to February’s Chefs Table – Fruits of the Ocean
This month’s event will be held on 23rd February and will be open to the local residents of Reigate, the surrounding area and those willing to travel, at their own cost. This month’s theme will be fish, as I feel we should be supporting our fisherman and the industry’s related to it.
When I was a young boy I lived in Lowestoft Suffolk, once a great fishing town, my father was a chief engineer on the fishing boats and I know first-hand the amount of effort that went into catching a fishy for your dishy! These men on a daily basis were putting their lives on the line for the daily catch.
Lowestoft as a boy was a great place to live, I remember when you could walk from one side of the harbour to the other without touching water the boats where that crammed in, now sadly you’re lucky if you see one trawler and nine times out of ten it’s the one owned by the heritage centre for sightseeing, this is sadly the case for many fishing ports in the UK.
The sea is an unforgiving mistress to many people who make their living on it, I should know 15 years in the merchant marine worldwide.
So when sitting down to your Fish Taster Evening remember all those in peril on the sea, providing you with the fruits of the ocean and their labour, as a chef, I tip my chef’s hat to them.
The evening starts at 7pm, where you will be served a number of specially prepared dishes by our Head Chef, Paul Mulvenna-Pegrum. The menu of which you will find below. We will ask that at the end of each course that you provide constructive feedback on the menu item and ways of improving the overall menu and experience.
To be selected for the Chefs table, all you need to do is like and share the relevant Blue Anchor, Chefs Table post. Up to 5 pairs of special guests will be invited. Winners will be chosen at random and notified on Facebook/Messenger of their success.
Terms and Conditions
- Entrants must be over 18
- A maximum of 5 people will be chosen at random from the Facebook Promotion.
- Each winner will be able to bring a named guest
- The prize has no monetary value and is nontransferable
- You will be required to prove your identity via a Driver’s License, Passport or Credit Card
- You will need to be available to attend the Blue Anchor on the date of the event from 7pm – 10pm
- Your feedback will be used for the improvement of our menu and service
- By participating you are granting The Blue Anchor to use your name and feedback in future promotions
- This event is not open to staff or family of Akita Investments Limited, Akita Investments 2 Limited, or Harrison & McGreal Limited